Tuesday, September 7, 2010

La Rentrée

The French have a lovely term for returning to normal life in September after their August vacation.  It's called la rentrée and I think it's a perfect name for today.  It was exactly a year ago today that I returned from Paris. These fabulous photos of Raquel Zimmermann by Terry Richardson shot in Paris reminded me of that wonderful trip.  I also love the outfits which are great look for transitioning into autumn.  I know the old fashion rules dictate that you can't wear white after Labor Day but I think this rule is meant to be broken.  I am actually wearing white jeans today which can be worn for a few more days or weeks depending on the weather.  I think they look great with a blue shirt and navy blazer or an oatmeal colored cashmere sweater.  They are definitely helping me enjoy my rentrée!






Photos by Terry Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment